Wednesday, December 1, 2010

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Our family pup, Mickey, playing in a Christmas blizzard last year. He love, love, loves the snow!

It's snowing today in the Midwest and I am SO excited about it. I'm not sure what it is, but snow always puts me in the Christmas mood... it's finally helping me realize that Christmas is right around the corner, which seems so unrealistic to me. We just had Halloween! And Thanksgiving! Regardless, I'm excited for more snow and decorating our tree and house this weekend. I think once I have something so sparkly to look at every day, I'll be convinced that Christmas is here!





The whole idea of Christmas shopping also has me smiling, especially the joy of the hunt, which has doubled this year in taking on the pledge from Off Of Broadway. I'll admit, it has been sort of hard coming up with handmade, thrifted, or locally bought gift ideas... but it's also been so much more thought provoking, which is a good thing! The shop was recently featured in this Etsy treasury, and it's full of great handmade and vintage present ideas for under $10. There are some great gifts, like these tiny air plants and this hipster deer art prints from near modern disaster (who I've mentioned before and I love!). I love stuff like this!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home