Friday, October 22, 2010

the thrifting gods

I know I've heard this from other thrifters, but there seems to be some sort of higher power at work when it comes to finding specific items while thrifting. I always have a list of things I would love to have, but don't want to pay full price for, and I often scour thrift stores for the cheaper versions. Sometimes I find them, sometimes I don't. However, it seems like more often than not, I end up finding exactly what I've been pining over.


I've been soooo wild over sweater vests lately (don't ask me why, I have no clue), and I not only found a simple gray wool one, but also a pretty pastel patterned one. I love them both equally and I can't wait to pair them up with jeans and button up oxfords or dresses and boots!


Speaking of boots, I had also been trying to find a new (old) pair to add to my ever growing collection. I've got every sort of boot... slouchy, ankle, high heeled, flat, tan, gray, worn in, you name it (some may say I have a boot obsession)... but what I really wanted was a more refined pair..... BINGO! And at 9 bucks, how could I say no?

It's finds like these that make me so happy to be a thrifter at heart! Has anyone else been blessed by the thrifting gods lately?


Labels:

4 Comments:

At Friday, October 22, 2010 , Blogger Susan Kline said...

GREAT STUFF !!!!
I am sure you will put all of it together and look MARVELOUS!!!

 
At Friday, October 22, 2010 , Blogger Chelsea said...

I am so jealous of your finds! I've been searching everywhere for a pair of boots like the ones that you found. I recently found a pair of vintage, pristine Ray Bans for A DOLLAR. HOLLAAAAAAA! I love thrifting so much!

 
At Saturday, October 23, 2010 , Blogger Park Street said...

I'm on the lookout for vintage breyer horses right now. I have no idea if I'll be able to find them, but the thrifting Gods have been kind to me in the past.
I love your sweater vests. What great finds! Be sure to take a picture of yourself in them for me.

 
At Sunday, October 24, 2010 , Blogger modest typewriter vintage said...

Chelsea- Holy cow, Ray Bans for a buck would make me happy for YEARS! Count yourself lucky with those puppies!

Audrey- I had to Google them, but the Breyer horses are very neat... I will be on the lookout for them at my thrift stores. If I find any for a reasonable price, I'll pick them up for you!
Also, I will def. try to post a pic of me in all my sweater vest glory.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home