Monday, October 18, 2010

punkin' patch

On Saturday, Z and I made our yearly Fall trip to our local pumpkin patch/apple orchard. It was the perfect weather... crisp and a tad bit chilly, and we (over) indulged in all the great things the orchard offers; i.e. apple cider, apple donuts, bags of apples, locally grown popcorn, pumpkins to carve, aaand even caramel apples on a stick with sprinkles. Needless to say, we had a great day. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.


Decorative pumpkins that looked super cool
This is my "Don't take my picture, please" face, but here you can see where they make their apple donuts... fresh, and hot and covered in cinnamon & sugar... and oh. so. good.
After much searching (on my part- Z found his monstrous pumpkin right away), we both found our favorites!
Apple orchard and hayride
The hay pyramid... I wasn't brave enough to climb it!
I hope everyone has been able to make it to a pumpkin patch/ apple orchard this Fall... it's so much fun, and the perfect way to enjoy the pretty weather!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Monday, October 18, 2010 , Blogger Chelsea said...

!!! beautiful. lovely pictures. good gosh, i love fall so much. thanks for sharing these! this brightened my day! :)

 
At Monday, October 18, 2010 , Blogger modest typewriter vintage said...

Thanks Chelsea! I'm glad they could brighten your day... that makes me happy!

 
At Tuesday, October 19, 2010 , Blogger Jennifer said...

We've got a cider mill nearby, but I haven't been to an orchard/pumpkin patch yet. And I am suffering major cravings for cider donuts, but no luck yet!

 
At Wednesday, October 20, 2010 , Blogger Susan Kline said...

GREAT PIX!!!!
..but... i can't believe you wouldn't climb the hay pyramid! That was all i did to keep you OFF of the stacked hay in the barn!! your dad said you were so little that you would fall in between the stack and "suff-o Kate"
love you guys!

 
At Wednesday, October 20, 2010 , Blogger modest typewriter vintage said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Wednesday, October 20, 2010 , Blogger modest typewriter vintage said...

Jennifer- Apple cider doughnuts are my weakness... and it doesn't help that we brought home a whole DOZEN!

Mama- I think I wasn't brave enough because it was being over-run by little kids... maybe I would have done it if I'd had it all to myself :) And "suff-o Kate"... how in the world did he come up with all those witty sayings??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home