Monday, November 15, 2010

the christmas shopping pledge

I recently made the pledge (via Off of Broadway's gift pledge) to purchase only handmade, secondhand, or locally made gifts for Christmas. I've got a button and everything (see the pledge button to the right of my blog page)!! It was something that I tried to do last year, and although I sort of accomplished the goal, I don't think EVERYTHING was part of those three mentioned. I'm super excited about it, because I think that it will make the gift giving part of Christmas much more special.

I've already been getting caught up in the gift buying hoopla, freaking out about spending so much money, and I think this is a good way to calm down and chill out and simply enjoy the gift giving aspect of the holiday. Also, I've already found that there are SO MANY options out there that are affordable, and right on track with what I want to give this year. I've also decided to try and make a few gifts... I did quite a bit of that last year, and not only did I have tons of fun coming up with ideas and making things, but everyone seemed to truly like their homemade gift!

Here are a few Etsy things that have caught my eye recently... and to anyone reading this that I will be giving a gift (i.e. my sister, my mother, and Z), don't worry... these are only ideas!!





The ultra cool thing? All these items ring in at under $30 bucks!

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 16, 2010 , Blogger Tiffany Jen said...

what a great pledge and what great gift ideas! i really like the flower pin~

 
At Tuesday, November 16, 2010 , Blogger modest typewriter vintage said...

I'm pretty pumped about it... if anything it's going to make Christmas shopping interesting!

I'm partial to that flower pin as well... so feminine and pretty!

 
At Monday, November 29, 2010 , Blogger Susan Kline said...

can't i just put my order in ?? heehee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home