Monday, October 25, 2010

attempts

About four years ago or so, my mom taught herself to crochet, and then she taught my sister and I. My mom and my sister seemed to take to it very well... they made scarves and my sister even made blankets, which turned out amazing. I, on the other hand, lost my patience for it pretty quickly. I think there are probably still a few half-made scarves lying around my mom's house...
Anywho, I've decided that my patience has grown since I was 20, and I'm going to try my hand at the whole crocheting business again. These pretty little things are my (ambitious) inspiration.

If you've never tried fingerless gloves before, you most definitely should... just layer a pair of those cheapo finger-ful gloves under them.
I think I've talked about cowl neck scarves before... I may have an obsession...
This hat is gorgeous! and not your typical winter beret, what with the quirky bubble detailing.

Are any of you ladies crocheters? Knitters? What have you successfully... or not so successfully made? I want to know!!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, October 25, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knit and I crochet! I've been knitting for almost 20 years and crocheting for about 3 or 4. I love doing both and I've made oodles of things, of course.

My favorite things to make are toys. Knitted and crocheted toys are adorable. Email me if you want me to share some favorite patterns!

 
At Wednesday, November 10, 2010 , Blogger Lilac Saloon said...

Ooh good luck with learning (or, re-learning!)... I learned when I was young but sort of forgot so I tried to teach myself again. Here is my first attempt:

http://www.lilacsaloon.com/runningstitch/2010/07/learning-to-crochet.html

But I haven't tried to make more since then so I'd probably still need the books!

 
At Monday, November 15, 2010 , Blogger modest typewriter vintage said...

Oh my goodness, your first attempt is AMAZING. I can't even imagine being able to do that, let alone having the patience. I'd probably throw it across the room after my first mess up! However, that is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home