Friday, December 31, 2010

best year yet

Like so many other bloggers (although, I'm not sure I can call myself a real "blogger", posting once a month and all...), I feel like commemorating the year with a small list from 2010. So many amazing, happy things happened, and I don't ever want to forget them... here are just a few of my favorites.

Pumpkin patch visiting is always one of my favorite parts of the year, and this time did not disappoint. Look at all those punkin's!
One of my goals for the year was to visit New York... I put it on my "Resolution" list as a wild card, because I didn't think it would actually happen. But it DID! And it was AMAZING and everything I wanted it to be... it was not only a dream fulfilled, but a fantastic time spent with my sister and mom, and I'm so very thankful for that one, small day.
My Etsy shop turned a year old, and proved itself to be so fun and a little lucrative... it might be small, but it makes me happy, and it's something I truly enjoy doing.
The prettiest little niece I could have asked for was born in February, and my heart was stolen yet again by a tiny little human being (the first time by the most amazing nephew I could have asked for).

Here are a few more that I don't have pictures for:
-Visiting Z's sister and brother-in-law in South Carolina for a summer vacation. It was full of so many laughs and good times, and we brought home so many great memories, that it's a vacation we'll both hold close to our hearts for years to come.

-My sister and her family moved back home to good ol' Indiana. Now I get to see my sister and brother-in-law on a more regular basis, AND I can do normal aunt duties, like babysit, go to ball games and birthday parties!!!!!

-Finally figuring out part of my future plans and signing up for classes once again... As of January 10th, I'm on my way to becoming a teacher!

-Getting to spend Christmas with my new family. Although I missed my actual family horribly, it was a fantastic holiday, I loved EVERY second of it, and it made me realize how incredibly blessed I really am.

-Planning a wedding with the AMAZING help of my mother... it's going to be a day filled with love, personality, and fun, and I CANNOT WAIT!

-Living with and loving Z. He continues to be my best friend and the favorite part of my life.

There's so many other things that I could mention, but I would probably bore everyone that reads this, so I'll stop where I am. 2010 was an amazing, blessed year, and I just know that 2011 will be the same, but better!

Happy New Year's, everyone!!


Labels:

2 Comments:

At Sunday, January 09, 2011 , Blogger Susan Kline said...

well...you make a mother cry!! yes, you are truly blessed, as am I. we are going to have even a better year!! A wonderful wedding in in store!!!
Love you daughter...Mom

 
At Monday, January 10, 2011 , Blogger modest typewriter vintage said...

I'm super excited for it all! Love you too, mama :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home