Monday, June 20, 2011

pair it with... mustard

Whenever I list an item in the shop, I always try to recommend a way to wear it. I don't consider myself a styling expert (not by any means!), but I think it's fun to conjure up new ways to wear the same old stuff or new items. So, I decided to feature a few items from the shop and show how I would style them up. Lately, I've been a real sucker for a rich, mustard yellow color, so this time I'm featuring two condiment colored items.

For this pretty marigold colored top, I kept it casual by pairing it with cuffed denim shorts and nude colored t-strap sandals. I personally tend to go easy on the accessorizing, so I added a single necklace and a summer inspired straw tote. In order to add a tad bit of edge, consider knotting the hem of the shirt. It's unexpected, yet flirty! This outfit would be perfect for running errands on the weekend, or attending an outdoor concert.


I love this gingham check blouse, and it really stands out with this bright, mustard skirt. Some might not think to pair the two together, but the print of the blouse and the brightness of the shirt work well together, even though they are both bold pieces. To tone down the rest of the outfit, I chose simple gold peep toe flats and bangle bracelets. The belt pulls it all together, and the gold lion buckle adds a bit of surprise. A simple brown leather satchel with gold accents is the perfect topper! This outfit would work great for an outdoor dinner or a day of shopping.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home