Wednesday, June 29, 2011

favorites

Here a few things I've been lovin' on lately:


Caramel sauce

I used this recipe and let me tell you: DELICIOUS! Not only is it delicious, it is so super easy, and it makes your entire home smell like sweet, buttery caramel. I've been enjoying mine on vanilla ice cream (for dessert, for lunch, for a mid-day snack...) , and promising myself extra long bike rides to make it all worth it... which, regardless of the bike rides, it totally is.  In general, Smitten Kitchen is a fantastic place to find really great recipes that taste really amazing and don't take a lot of time and various/crazy ingredients. 


Jeana Sohn's Closet Visit

I came across this site awhile ago, (via some other blogger that I can't recall now), and if you haven't checked it out, you definitely should. Jeana visits her incredibly stylish friend's closets, takes amazing photos, and then compiles them with fashion related interview questions. Each visit is so full of style inspiration and beautiful imagery, it's hard to tear yourself away. It makes me lust even more over all the pretty items of clothing/shoes/purses that my budget will never allow for (Rachel Comey, why must you tempt me with your pretty shoes that cost so much??). 


Holy cow, do I love this stuff. I am obsessed with the recent bright lip trend, but I DESPISE wearing lipstick. I hate how it makes my lips feel as though they are suffocating (ya know what I mean?), and no matter how many different types I try, I can't get over how dry and icky it makes my lips look. It's gross. However, this lipgloss/balm duo is the perfect mixture of moisture and color. It gives you the slightest tint or a deeper tone, depending on how much you apply. Plus, it has SPF 15, which is very healthy for you and your lips. I currently own hibiscus, peony, and coral, and have plans of getting more. 
In my humble opinion, they are perfect! Try them! Now!! While you're eating caramel sauce and ice cream, and browsing Closet Visit. It's fun, I promise.

Photos via: Smitten Kitchen, Closet Visit, and Cover Girl 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home